AMG Specialty Hospital’s Renal Program is designed to provide treatment that focuses on stopping or delaying the progression of Acute Renal Failure (ARF) or End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
Renal patients are excellent candidates for LTACH care because Chronic Kidney Disease is often associated with old age, diabetes, hypertension, obesity and cardiovascular disease (CVD).
Patients referred to a specialized hospital for renal care may be:
- Stage IV-V patients requiring dialysis support
- Acute renal failure patients who require dialysis pending kidney recovery
- Patients with other acute diagnoses who also need dialysis
- Pre- or post-transplant patients requiring dialysis support
- Patients with urosepsis and UTI who require close renal monitoring
Our doctors and nurses provide a team approach for those with complex renal conditions requiring an extended stay.
Our services include:
- Daily physician assessments
- Case Management
- Low patient-to-nurse ratios
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Clinical Dietician and nutritional support
- Radiology and laboratory services
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Patient/Family education